httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Regular Expressions
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:43:58 GMT
Is there any treatment, anywhere in the Apache documentation, of what
flavor of regular expressions are supported by Apache directives? I
can't find it, but perhaps I'm just overlooking it, and will find it
as soon as I send this.

It would be nice to have at least a pointer to a regular expression
tutorial, and perhaps a description of some kind in the docs
themselves about what type of regular expressions these are, what
things are permitted in them, and how to do things like
case-insensitive patterns, character classes, variable capture (the
$1, $2 stuff) and all those sorts of nifty things. If someone can
point me in the right direction, I'd be glad to get such a thing
started.

Thanks

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun