httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod mod_autoindex.html
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:46:50 GMT
On 19 Aug 2001 rbowen@apache.org wrote:

> rbowen      01/08/19 12:33:42
>
>   Modified:    htdocs/manual/mod mod_autoindex.html
>   Log:
>   Applied changes made to the 2.0 document, where appropriate.

Sorry this is ending up being so many separate patches. This doc is
really good, and I'm not finding anything large, but keep running
across litthe things.

I have found a few spelling errors, which i have corrected, and will
submit in a minute. But I had a question. There was some discussion of
this on the mailing list a few months ago, and I just don't remember
if a decision was made one way or the other.

The question is, american o vs. british ou. iSpell tells me that
'behaviour' is mispelled. I know that it is not, technically, but I
also believe that the documentation should be internally consistent.
What I seem to remember is Ken saying that we should go with the
American spelling, and being consistent, but I can't find this in the
archives. If someone with a better memory, or stronger opinions
than I, can remember how this went, and tell me if I should "fix" this
spelling error, I would look on it with much favour.

Rich
--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.