httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: AddIconByType vs AddIcon
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:54:16 GMT
On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Carlos wrote:

> If I remember correctly, the reason why AddIconByType is preferred is
> because you have multiple file extensions. If you addIcon, you would have to
> add the icon for each individual mime type. If you addIconByType, you do it
> only once

OK, that makes sense too.

I've only ever used AddIcon in order to specify that a particular file
(not a class of files) had a particular description. And this is how
it is used in the documentation, also. I suppose it never occurred to
me to use it to add a particular icon to, say, all *.jpg files,
although I can see that this could be done.

Thanks, folks.

Rich Bowen -
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New
York (not the same, though it might appear so)
	Somebody's Luggage (Charles Dickens)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message