httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Ian Kallen <iank@covalent.net>" <i...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Multi Language Error Documents
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:30:55 GMT

And a little nit...

Apart from the security and performance concerns of having multiviews on
by default, there's the little problem I've noticed that recent MSIE
vintages seem to be sending "en-us" as its default language, not "en", so
the distributed config should really have
AddLanguage en-us .en
added to the list so as to not confuse newcomers at the splash screen,
they don't get the index.html.en by default.

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > We already activate MultiViews by default, so I don't think this is
> > a problem.
>
> Well, that assumes two things.
>
> Assumption 1: Having multiviews on by default the way things are now is
> "ok". I'm not really thrilled with it, and haven't been since it was

cheers,
-Ian

--
Ian Kallen <iank@covalent.net> | AIM: iankallen