httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod mod_autoindex.html
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:36:33 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:

> The question is, american o vs. british ou. iSpell tells me that
> 'behaviour' is mispelled. I know that it is not, technically, but I
> also believe that the documentation should be internally consistent.
> What I seem to remember is Ken saying that we should go with the
> American spelling, and being consistent, but I can't find this in the
> archives.

More likely it was I who spelt it that way, and want it to
stay in.  A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little
minds.

We have more important things to worry about than the minor
differences between US and UK English.  Those, I ween, should be
left alone; having someone on the other side of the pond correct
perfectly valid English is not going to do much except piss people
off.
--
#ken	P-)}