httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod mod_autoindex.html
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:11:41 GMT
> On 19 Aug 2001 rbowen@apache.org wrote:
>
> The question is, american o vs. british ou. iSpell tells me that
> 'behaviour' is mispelled. I know that it is not, technically, but I
> also believe that the documentation should be internally consistent.
> What I seem to remember is Ken saying that we should go with the
> American spelling, and being consistent, but I can't find this in the
> archives. If someone with a better memory, or stronger opinions
> than I, can remember how this went, and tell me if I should "fix" this
> spelling error, I would look on it with much favour.

If you are creating some_doc.html.en-us, it better be US English.  If you are
creating some_docs.html.en-gb (or uk, which is it these days?) then it's better
be the Queen's English.

Now, all other en-foo variants that we don't specifically support will fall
out in the wash to .html.en.  Which way does the majority of the rest of the
English speaking world spell?

Should be simple enough to choose one, and create the other in a perl script.