httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Docs format (again)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 02:31:39 GMT
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Joshua Slive wrote:

> <modulesynopsis>
>   <modulename>mod_env</modulename>
>   <modulepurpose>This module provides for modifying the environment which
>     is passed to CGI scripts and SSI pages.</modulepurpose>
>   <modulestatus>Base</Modulestatus>
>   [...]
>   <modulesummary>
>
>     <para>This module allows for control of the environment that will be
>     provided to CGI scripts and SSI pages. Environment variables may be
>     passed from the shell which invoked the httpd process. Alternatively,
>     environment variables may be set or unset within the configuration
>     process.</para>
>
>   </modulesummary>
>
>   <directivesynopsis>
>     <directivename>PassEnv</directivename>
>     <directivesyntax><directive>PassEnv</Directive>
>       <argument>env-variable</argument></directivesyntax>
>     <directivecontext>server config, virtual host</directivecontext>
>     [...]
>   </directivesynopis>
>   [...]
> </modulesynopsis>

> Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

I tried really hard to like DocBook, but I just couldn't do it. It is
so noisy. That block abouve is almost half markup. I find it so
cumbersome to write.

I've waffled between LaTeX and POD for the last year, and seem to have
settled on LaTeX. But I'd rather write HTML than the mess that is
DocBook.

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows