httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: One thing missing from STATUS for 1.3...
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 20:58:01 GMT
On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Joshua Slive wrote:

> > > - Tutorial on "log files in apache"
> >
> > Forgive me, but aren't there several articles (seemingly all offsite) off
> > misc/tutorials.html?
> >
> Right.  The offsite tutorials are quite good.  There could be an argument
> made that we don't really need one as part of the docs.  However, I think
> the docs could really use some kind of unifying discussion on logging that
> ties together the various modules and directives that are used for logging
> (and perhaps also status reporting).  I had started on such a thing, but I
> never got very far before I was distracted.

The 4-part logging article on Apache Today, if it's deemed to be good
enough, is hereby gifted to the Apache documentation project. I think
that it needs some work, and perhaps some additional fleshing out in
the areas you mention, but I think it's a pretty good starting place,
if I may say so.

Rich Bowen -
ReefKnot -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: