httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Johnson <>
Subject Re: New member thoughts.
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:28:26 GMT
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> You might *think* you got it to work, but nope, sorry.  If you have more
> than one name-based SSL virtual host on the same IP/port, every single one
> of them will use the configuration of the one that comes first in the
> config file.  If you only have one SSL virtual host, then you have no need
> for name-based virtual hosting in the first place.  I think recent
> mod_ssl's actually give you a warning in the error log if you attempt to
> have multiple name-based SSL vhosts, but your version might not.
> --Cliff

     I'll send you the httpd.conf if you like.  All I can tell you
is that the server knows the difference and does two different things
as I expected it to do.

Chris Johnson               |Internet:
Systems Administrator       |Web:
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.724.2369
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Survival, all by it self, isn't worth it.
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |                 Me

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message