httpd-docs mailing list archives

From <sl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: french translation
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:31:37 GMT
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jérémy HERVE wrote:

> hello.
>
> before evrythings: why do the first page of 1.3 version of the documentation
> is in french ?

The docs use content-negotiation, so if your browser is configured
to prefer french, then french pages will show up where available.

> then: i am now ready to translate docs. I start translating
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html now. If that document translated
> will not be usefull, say me fast to stop me translating: i do not want to do
> useless work.

As far as I know, nobody is doing this document, so this would
certainly be usefull.  There are other people who have done
some work on translating the docs to french, so hopefully
they will speak up if there is any conflict.

In general, this sort of question should be directed at
the list: apache-docs@apache.org.

Also, make sure you have read
http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html

Good luck.