httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: suggestion for addition to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:32:11 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, O'Shaughnessy Evans wrote:

> Hi.  I'd like to suggest that a link to
>
>     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/sections.html
>
> be included in the main list of documents at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/.
> It seems awkward that you have to dig into the configuration directives
> block, find Directory, Location, or Files, and then follow the link from
> one of those.  It provides some important info, and it seems to me that
> this merits a more prominent, easy-to-find place on the site.

It is also linked from
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/configuring.html#scope
which I suspect makes it a little easier to find.

I agree it is an important document, but I am very hesitant to add
more stuff to the main page, at least until someone suggests a
much better way to organize the material.  Each time you add
a document to the main page, it makes every other document linked
there more difficult to find.

Joshua.