httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Andrew.Willsh...@boimail.com
Subject Re: suggestion for addition to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:19:08 GMT

Hello,

I'm new to the list, so maybe this has already been discussed - forgive me
if I'm rehashing.  Could the main doc page be re-organised using DHTML, to
grey out or hide the subtopics?  Another possibility would be to place the
main topic headings at the start of the page, and then link to the
subtopics further down the page.  It seems like there's already a lot of
info on one page, possibly too much to use effectively in the current
format.

As an aside, do people ever post "strawman" or experimental layouts for
pages to the group, or is that frowned upon?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Andrew Willshire
Bank Of Ireland, C3 HO, Baggott St
604 4519

                    Joshua Slive

                    <joshua@slive        To:     <apache-docs@apache.org>

                    .ca>                 cc:     "O'Shaughnessy Evans" <shaug@wumpus.org>

                                         Subject:     Re: suggestion for addition to

                    10/07/01             http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

                    07:32 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    apache-docs

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/.
> It seems awkward that you have to dig into the configuration directives
> block, find Directory, Location, or Files, and then follow the link from
> one of those.  It provides some important info, and it seems to me that
> this merits a more prominent, easy-to-find place on the site.

It is also linked from
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/configuring.html#scope
which I suspect makes it a little easier to find.

I agree it is an important document, but I am very hesitant to add
more stuff to the main page, at least until someone suggests a
much better way to organize the material.  Each time you add
a document to the main page, it makes every other document linked
there more difficult to find.

Joshua.

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailManager@psir.ie and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
 for the presence of known computer viruses.