httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jason Lingohr <ja...@lucid.net.au>
Subject Re: Documentation.
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 01:22:17 GMT
On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:11:11AM -0700, Vernon Marshall wrote:

> Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just joined the list. A nice
> DocBook xml backend gives you html/pdf/ps/rtf frontend with little extra
> pain. Any thoughts?

I played with DocBook a while ago -- it was nice, but it's hard to write
doco when the structures and support files to make it happen change so
darned often -- not to mention complexity in getting all the tools together
to make it happen, and upgrading them.

Just my opinion, and this was around September through January last year,
and was using the SGML version of DocBook (ie. not XML).