httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: One thing missing from STATUS for 1.3...
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2001 05:05:43 GMT

[targeting this back at the list...]

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Jason Lingohr wrote:
> Excuse my stupidity, but I'm now wondering again what, if anything, needs
> to be done with 1.3 (excepting translations)?  I've read the discussions
> and whatnot, but it would seem we're back at the stage of your recent
> STATUS pruning and hence not a lot to be done.

Yah, now that the STATUS is pruned, I guess it would be good to start
adding stuff back into it.  I have a few ideas, and I'm sure that there
are many others.  I don't think anyone would argue that the 1.3 docs are
"done" or "perfect".  Of course, pretty much everything that needs to be
done in 1.3 also needs to be done in 2.0.

In general, things that I can think of that could use doing include:

- Tutorial on user authentication with Apache.  Rich Bowen has contributed
his tutorial from ApacheToday, but it needs to be cleaned up and put in
a good format for the docs.  I can dig it up if anyone wants to do this.

- Tutorial on "log files in apache"

- Adding more documentation for new users

- Improving the "security docs"

- General cleaning and improving of module docs.

- Making the directive definitions "less terse" (i.e., adding more
examples and details to the definitions of the directives)

I could go on....

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message