httpd-docs mailing list archives

From <sl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One thing missing from STATUS for 1.3... (fwd)
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:05:49 GMT
[whoops, this was meant for the list]

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Jason Lingohr wrote:

> Alrighty -- so I'm ok to go ahead and add the troff man's to the root of
> the tree, as it is with 2.0?

Hmmm....  I don't think so.  I think the conclusion from Ken and me is
that we shouldn't be moving around the troff versions because this would
involve changes in the apache configuration process.  Ken and I both agree
that there should be html versions in the docs tree, but those are already
there.

> Is there any source derivation?  Like, are the troff's generated from the
> HTML versions, vice versa or what?  Any dependancies in this regard I
> should know about?

The HTML versions are generated from the troff versions at the moment.  I
have some (very nasty) C code that does the job.  If you want a copy,
please let me know.

Joshua.