httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: One thing missing from STATUS for 1.3...
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:58:35 GMT
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Jason Lingohr wrote:

> Joshua asked me to mail the list with anything missing... from the 1.2
> revision of STATUS:
>
> - man pages
>     - The 2.0 documentation tree includes the man pages, but
>       for 1.3 they are still only in the src/support directory.

My opinion is that we should just leave this as-is in 1.3.  1.3 is in
"maintenance mode" at the moment, so major changes are strongly
discouraged.  We have kind of ignored that restrictions for docs, since so
much work needs to be done.  However, moving around man pages would
involve changes in the config system, and we probably don't want to do
that.

I suggest that anyone who would like to make changes to these man pages
simply post to this list and I'm sure someone with apache-1.3 commit
access will be glad to commit them.

Joshua.