httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: One thing missing from STATUS for 1.3...
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:46:43 GMT
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Jason Lingohr wrote:

> I think it may be wise to get ideas and start writing a new STATUS, so that
> things are laid out and we have a rough project plan.

Sure.  Sounds like a great idea.

> > - Tutorial on "log files in apache"
>
> Forgive me, but aren't there several articles (seemingly all offsite) off
> misc/tutorials.html?

Right.  The offsite tutorials are quite good.  There could be an argument
made that we don't really need one as part of the docs.  However, I think
the docs could really use some kind of unifying discussion on logging that
ties together the various modules and directives that are used for logging
(and perhaps also status reporting).  I had started on such a thing, but I
never got very far before I was distracted.

> > - Improving the "security docs"
>
> Do you mean misc/security_tips.html?  Improving in what ways... more
> content I'm guessing...

And better organization.

> Lets make STATUS nice and ugly and long again ;)

Sure.  You can get started on this if you want.  If I were to do it, I'd
probably put it in the 2.0 STATUS file under a section of "things that
need to be done both in 1.3 and 2.0".  However, if you want to stick it in
the 1.3 STATUS file that is fine too.

I have limited connectivity at the moment (in the middle of a move) but I
try to help out in a week or so.

Joshua.