httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Albert J.Papadosifakis" <stea...@designart.gr>
Subject RE: STATUS
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2001 22:53:48 GMT
Joshua, thanks for the warm-welcome :)
I shall take my notebook on the sunny beaches of Greece and start the
translation... ;)

So,where can i find some other native-speaking users that share the same
idea like me?
Do you know of any meeting-place or something for that?

Albert J.Papadosifakis

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 11:42 PM
To: apache-docs@apache.org
Subject: RE: STATUS

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Albert J.Papadosifakis wrote:
> Hell all, i noticed that the apache documentation comes in several
language
> flavours, including Hellenic(Greek)
> I always felt the need of offering something to the Apache Community , and
> therefore , i figured out that i can translate
> several parts from the Apache documentation.
> In an attempt to awaken the Microsoft-depended people here in
Hellas(Greece)
> i need some guidelines for several aspects
> e.g from where i start, what i am supposed to do, some rules for the
> documentation etc.

You are very welcome to join the translation effort and contribute a Greek
translation of the docs.  The details on how to become involved are at
http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html

Note that we have a rule that all documentation contributions need to be
reviewed by another native-language speaker before they are committed.
This is to avoid some embarassing problems that we have had in the past
with bad translations.  Therefore, we will need to attract at least one
more native Hellenic-speaking contributor before we can put your stuff in
the main docs.

Feel free to ask any questions that you have on the list.

Joshua.