httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jason Lingohr <ja...@lucid.net.au>
Subject Re: One thing missing from STATUS for 1.3...
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:41:34 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:05:43PM -0700, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Yah, now that the STATUS is pruned, I guess it would be good to start
> adding stuff back into it.  I have a few ideas, and I'm sure that there
> are many others.

I think it may be wise to get ideas and start writing a new STATUS, so that
things are laid out and we have a rough project plan.

> - Tutorial on "log files in apache"

Forgive me, but aren't there several articles (seemingly all offsite) off
misc/tutorials.html?

> - Adding more documentation for new users

All for it, but perhaps we can drilldown a little more here; do we have
fairly common end-user requests/gripes of what is missing for the newbie?

> - Improving the "security docs"

Do you mean misc/security_tips.html?  Improving in what ways... more
content I'm guessing...

> - General cleaning and improving of module docs.

I suppose another drilldown here.

> - Making the directive definitions "less terse" (i.e., adding more
> examples and details to the definitions of the directives)

Perhaps there are only sections of the definitions that need improvement...
I looked around a little and they kinda look ok to me -- then again, I'm
biased toward knowing Apache.

> I could go on....

Lets make STATUS nice and ugly and long again ;)