httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Introduction and questions...
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 05:05:18 GMT

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Jason Lingohr wrote:

> Just introducing myself as a new participant to the docs project.

Welcome!

> First thing I'll take on is the 1.3 man pages issue, and have a few
> questions:
>
> 1. Am I missing something, or is this real simple?  ie. just a copy of the
> source tarball pages and a commit?
>
> 2. Should I submit them all via patches, or just get a cvs login?
> Patches seems a bit silly.
>
> 3. Should I take from the latest released ball of the 1.3.x tree or is say,
> 1.3.12 good enough?

You should submit patches.  If you make good contributions, you will
eventually get an account so that you can commit directly.

For the details on how to do this, see
http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html
which tells you how to make sure you are working with the latest set of
docs.

> Also, wondering why there are continual references to the 2.0 doc tree in
> the 1.3 CVS tree?

The STATUS file from the 1.3 tree is not really accurate at the moment.

Feel free to send a patch to clean it up ;-)

Joshua.