httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject 2.0 install.html revamp
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 05:53:06 GMT
I just trashed the old install.html in httpd-docs-2.0 and replaced it with
an html'ized version of INSTALL from the source distribution.  This is a
major change, but what was there was so innacurate that I figured nobody
could object.

I don't really see the point in having complete documentation both in the
manual and in the INSTALL file.  Instead, I propose that we trash INSTALL
and replace it with a very short summary that just references install.html
and "configure --help".  The other possibility is to make install.html the
short summary.  However, it seems that it is much easier to do a good set
of documentation in HTML then it is in plain ASCII.

Any objections or suggestions?

Joshua.