httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: back to the FAQ
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 18:15:30 GMT
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Chris Pepper wrote:

> 	I'd change "Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0" to "Apache HTTP
> Server Version 2.0" or "Apache 2 HTTP Server" -- it's not 2.0 yet,
> and it will probably only be 2.0 for a week, before 2.0.1, but this
> should be the FAQ for 2.1 and successors too.

Thanks for all your comments Chris.  Regarding the last one, I know this
is a major issue, but I think it is too late.  Perhaps people (including
me) should have thought a little bit more before setting it up this way,
but practically everything to do with the next version is referred to as
"2.0".  I guess the assumption is that we will create a new set of docs
when 2.1 roles around, just as we did for 2.0.  I'm not so worried about
the minor version number.  I think people will understand that 2.0
encompasses 2.0.xx.

Joshua.