httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Installation Docs
Date Sat, 19 May 2001 21:52:53 GMT
Attached are two files: a much abbreviated INSTALL and a revamp of
install.html.  Here is what my goals were:

INSTALL is a just a pointer to the real install docs with a very basic
quickstart guide for people who have nothing but an xterm to work with.

I removed most of the ./configure documentation because it was either
obsolete or not functional because of bugs in httpd-2.0. I documented only
the most basic things that people need to get things going, and that I
could verify actually work.  I do not think that this is at all complete,
or even necessarily completely accurate, but I hope it is a good base for
future work.  In addition, I think that it is MUCH more useful than what
is there for people actually trying to get 2.0 up and running.

I will commit install.html unless I see major objections.  By major
objections I mean either 1. You think what is already there is better than
this; or 2. You think this is heading in the wrong direction completely.

I am also very interested in input on how to improve this, but I plan to
commit it as is and then do improvements later.  That way, others can take
a crack at it too.

I do not have the karma to commit INSTALL, so I would appreciate it if
someone could take care of that for me.

--
Joshua Slive
slive@commerce.ubc.ca