httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject ./configure install paths
Date Sat, 12 May 2001 23:50:17 GMT
I have been working through the 2.0 install documentation trying to bring
things a little closer to reality.  However, I have pretty much hit a wall
at the point of documenting how install paths are chosen.  Here is
what I can figure out:

The old 1.3 options of --htdocsdir, --inconsdir, etc, are still
documented in the text of INSTALL but are not accepted by configure.

The options --sysconfdir --datadir --localstatedir --mandir, etc are
documented both in INSTALL and in ./configure --help, are actually
accepted by configure, but do not do anything as far as I can tell.

The man pages do not seem to be getting installed at all at the moment.

Is there a plan as to how these things should work?  It would be nice if
all the different directories in config.layout could be overriden on the
command line.  If not, then at least the weird non-functional things like
--sysconfdir and --datadir should be removed.

Any thoughts?

Joshua