httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject back to the FAQ
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 23:18:59 GMT
A while ago we started discussing ways to streamline and clean-up the 2.0
FAQ.  I've been busy in the interim, but I finally found a few minutes to
take a look at this.  Below is a sketch for the structure of the new FAQ.
Only the main page and the "support" page are implemented. The important
points are

1. By default, each category is accessed under its own page.
2. By tagging "?ONEPAGE" onto the end of the URL of the main page, you can
get an all-in-one-page version.

I tried hard to keep things simple, and to make sure that you could still
navigate the FAQ even if SSI was turned off.  (You will get two copies of
the category index, and only the top one will work.)

So I am interested in hearing if this meets people's needs for basic
structure, and if anyone has suggestions for structural/SSI code
improvement.

If the basic structure is approved, the next steps are
1. Determining which categories to use.
2. Determining which questions should be brought over from the 1.3 FAQ.

The rendered version of the FAQ (SSI processed) is available at
http://garibaldi.commerce.ubc.ca:8080/ap20/manual/FAQ/

--
Joshua Slive
slive@commerce.ubc.ca