httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: "It Worked" -> prefaq
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 23:00:53 GMT
On Thu, 3 May 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Please go back and read the discussion about this.  AFAICR
> it was pretty much a consensus that that was the right page.
>
> I receive all the mail for apache@apache.org, which is where
> those clewless ones send, and the preFAQ page is EXACTLY the
> correct page for 98% of them.

I admit that I didn't pay enough attention to that discussion. For the
reasons I said, I don't agree with its outcome, but I don't have a big
problem with it.  I am also perfectly willing to accept your jugdment on
the subject.  The big problem is that the top few paragraphs of the prefaq
make no sense in the context of someone linking from the "it worked" page.
They specifically assume that you were directed to the page by an email
message.

Quick fix: change the top few paragraphs of the prefaq.

If you'd like me to do it, I can take a crack.  But given your experience
with the email, you are probably more qualified.

Joshua.