httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: A few missing file types..
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 07:17:19 GMT
From: "Martin Kraemer" <>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 1:24 AM

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 11:38:54PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > I'm still not convinced one way or another that:
> >
> > *.big5 -k 'b'
> >
> > should ever be added, since it's primary unusual attribute is the use of the
> > esc character.  Anyone have an authoritative answer on this?
> Not authoritative, but .big5 files are still "text" files with normal
> line endings (and should be treated as text, e.g. on DOS/Win* the line
> breaks should change to CRLF).

Based on this comment, I'll revert the -kb flag on the big5 files (and change the
case back to 'big5', consistent with the rest of our schema.)

Please avoid adding the -kb flag _except_ for ucs2/ucs4 files, with two byte
end of line characters, they become a mess.

e.g. 0A 00 -> 0D 0A 00 on win32 ... WHOA, a single byte character in a double-byte
file ... now that is a problem.

But I see no reason to tag big5 as binary, if you care to correct me, please do.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message