httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Ben Hutchison <ben.hutchi...@finetix.com>
Subject Please include more docs for .htaccess
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:00:39 GMT
Hi,

I would like to request that more documentation on the syntax of
htaccess files be included. I have over the last few days spent much
time trying to enable mod_dav support inside a <Directory> directive in
an .htaccess file. I realize now it isnt possible but I was confused
because many apache docs mention htaccess in passing and never really
define its syntax in one place.

I found the information I really needed at CERN (its shown below). Could
this info be added to the apache docs please?

Thanks
Ben

>From  http://jdurand.home.cern.ch/jdurand/htaccess/htaccess.html
Directives
The .htaccess file can contain the following APACHE core directives,
provided they are allowed by the server that will parse the .htaccess
file. We list here directives that work at

Authorization directives:
AuthGroupFile, AuthName, AuthType, AuthUserFile, require, etc...
Document Types Directives:
AddEncoding, , AddType, etc....
Directory Indexing Directives:
AddDescription, AddIcon, AddIconByEncoding, AddIconByType, DefaultIcon,
DirectoryIndex, FancyIndexing, HeaderName, IndexIgnore, IndexOptions,
ReadmeName, etc...
Host Access Directives:
allow, deny and order
Access policy: