httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Too gaudy to consider :-?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:36:00 GMT
Let me be a bit more specific ... are these changes desireable:

1. Add (unanimated) "2.0" to the Powered by graphic as "apache_pb2.gif"?

2. Use the (unanimated) "2.0" graphic on the it worked page?

3. Distribute an animated "2.0" as "apache_pb2_ani.gif"?

4. Use the animated "2.0" graphic on the default "it worked" page?

5. Add the serverstring as a server-side include.

I've already gotten rbb's opinion, who doesn't see any point to changing
the graphic whatsoever ("It's still Apache, right?")

I'm approaching this from the marketing/press people who want to see
the Apache 2 server (who are also asking how to write up the sound of one
hand clapping in print.)

If I get a buy on 1 or 3 I'll commit the image(s).

If I get a buy on 2, 4 or 5, I'll mass-update the index pages.

Bill

[who admits he can be a sick puppy some days :-]