httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Where should I put my energy? (fwd)
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:06:02 GMT
Woops, I meant to send this to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:08:36 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From: Joshua Slive <slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
To: Claus Rasmussen <claus@webclaus.com>
Subject: Re: Where should I put my energy?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Claus Rasmussen wrote:

> ....but it seems random to just start editing parts of the docs, so I was
> wondering if someone with the scope of the project in mind could point out some
> areas that could need a helping hand??

Happy to see you here!

Yes, the list has been a little quite lately.  Personally, I've been
pretty busy with other things, so I haven't done much doc work in the last
month.  You may want to browse through the archives at, for example,
http://www.geocrawler.org/lists/3/Web/419/0/
to see how things have gone in the past.

As far as priorities, if you are feeling adventerous, the most urgent work
is getting the Apache 2.0 docs into shape.  There is a STATUS file in
httpd-2.0-docs/manual/ which lists some of the things which need to be
done.

If you are more interested in the 1.3 docs, there are two things that I
have been working on: 1. Improving the module docs under manual/mod/ to
make them more detailed and clear with more examples and more consistency
in presentation. 2. creating "unifying" docs that tie together various
features and are more "task oriented".  For example, look at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/configuring.html or
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/urlmapping.html

Basically, you should pick something you find interesting, and just
ask for feedback on the list before you go to far.

Have fun!

Joshua.