httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Request to commit httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/install.html.es
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:09:27 GMT
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Jaime E . Villate wrote:

> Now the question is: how do you define the project members?
> I thought that by being subscribed to this list and having expressed my
> willingness to help I had become a "member". But then I send a translation and
> I'm told it has to be reviewed by two members of the project; will I count
> as one of those two members? or will I count as a member when I send the
> second or the n-th contribution?

I knew this would come up ;-)  When I created that list I did so
arbitrarily and with some trepidation, because I don't want it to become a
hassle.

Solely my opinion: Anyone who is on the list and has contributed something
for inclusion in the docs (even if it just constructive comments on other
people's contributions) is a "participant".

Others may be of the opinion that only "committers" should be listed, but
I don't think that is necessary.  "Members" in the Apache world means a
whole different thing, which we probably don't want to get into here.

Joshua.