httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: prototype FAQ
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:40:53 GMT
Chris Pepper wrote:

> >1. Adapt my prototype to the following concerns:
> >- Add numbering in the indexes
>
> I thought Ken had removed his veto, as long as there were
> reasonably meaningful and memorable mnemonics (instead of numbers)
> for each Q.

Mnemonics or numbers.  That is correct.

> >- Figure out some way to make it viewable as a single page
>
> I would specifically like to make a policy decision, that
> we'd link to the individual subpages instead of the unified page

Absolutely.  Ths ingle-page rendition should be a separate link,
and not the one to which people are directed.  Sort of like the
'click here for printer-friendly version' link in online magazine
articles.

I have already made my points; easy to use, easy to reference,
easy to maintain, and a monolithic printer-friendly version
available.  Whatever works best within those criteria is +1.
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!