httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Jaime E . Villate" <vill...@fe.up.pt>
Subject Re: Request to commit httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/install.html.es
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:33:02 GMT
On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 12:36:06PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Committed.. but it needs two people associated with this project --
> who are fluent in Spanish -- to review it.
> --

Hi Ken,
Thanks for committing the file. Are there two Spanish-fluent members in this
project?

As I've mentioned before, the pages I'll send have been translated by a team
(http://quark.fe.up.pt/ApachES/); we're all from Spanish speaking countries
and have technical experience. Our list is used to discuss any difficulties
that arise during the translation process; even with all that careful process,
we got the help of a linguist who works at the "Royal Academy of the Spanish
Language" (Real Academia EspaƱola) who has reviewed the translation I sent
yesterday and the ones I have here waiting to be sent.

I can assure you that the translations I send you are of very high quality. I
cannot say they will satisfy all Hispanic readers since it is a very diverse
community, but we have made an effort to use words which are widely accepted
(I've created an on-line glossary that has grown and has been modified by a
large audience: http://quark.fe.up.pt/orca/).

Greetings,
Jaime