httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@mail.reppep.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Trash the 2.0 FAQ.
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:44:48 GMT
At 12:42 PM -0800 2001/02/20, Joshua Slive wrote:
>Proposal: Remove essentially all the questions/answers from the 2.0 FAQ.
>Leave only perhaps half a dozen of the most general questions.  Add a
>reference at the top of the FAQ telling people to look in the 1.3 FAQ for
>questions that are not answered in the 2.0 FAQ.

	This seems reasonable, but raises the likelihood that the 1.3
FAQ will be used purely for 2.0 by some (eventually, most?) people.

	Can we add something to the (1.3) FAQ identifying status of
individual issues in 2.0? Ideally, I'd like to have [1.3 only] or
[fixed in 2.0] in the TOC and inline titles, to make scanning through
it easier for 2.0 users, but this probably shouldn't appear until 2.0
is released (at least at 'beta'/external level). This might also make
it easier to build a new 2.0 FAQ, or might become irrelevant if the
rest of the 2.0 docs are much better.

						Chris

--
Chris Pepper:                   <http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/>