httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Invoking.html.fr and server-wide.html.fr
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:26:30 GMT
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Eric Cholet wrote:

> On 02/18/01 15:57:03 +0100 Herve Dumont mumbled:
> > Maybe invoking.html should be renamed to invoking.html.en
> > and added an invoking.html.html.
>
> Yes, Joshua's been doing this for other files.

Oy, I hope this doesn't become "my job".  If nobody else gets around to
it, I will do it eventually, but it is really a little bit of a pain.
Would you be willing to do it if we had an "Adding a new translation"
instruction document?  Perhaps Yoshiki (who is more of a cvs expert than
me) and I could collaberate on that.

> One thing: make sure that you always use HTML entities such as &eacute;
> and do not use ISO-8859-1 characters instead. There has been some
> discussion on this list about a way to allow us to use ISO-8859-1
> characters directly, which would certainly make our life easier,
> but AFAIK no conclusion has been reached yet and we must still use
> entities exclusively.

Could you remind me of the issue?  I don't think there is any problem with
adding the META tags to the HTML, as long as we also send proper HTTP
headers.

Joshua.