httpd-docs mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod core.html directives.html mod_ext_filter.html (fwd)
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 04:52:13 GMT

> I just did a tiny bit of work adding some filter docs.  Perhaps someone
> who has actually tried some of this stuff can look it over.
> In particular, a few things I don't know:
> 1. What is the "SetFilter" directive in mod_mime?

It is bogus, I'll remove it ASAP.

> 2. Are there any other filters provided by Apache besides INCLUDE?

The external filter in mod_ext_filter.  Other than that, there is the
byterange, and chunk filter, but those are handled by the Apache

> 3. Is there any developer documenatation to point to?

Nope.  Take a look at, for my articles on writing
filters.  I haven't checked to see when those articles are available to be
donated, but when they are, the group will get them.

> 4. Is there anyting else people need to know about filters?

Not that I can think of.  But, we should fix the default config file to
remove the AddHandler server-parsed .shtml, and add a Files container that
uses SetOutputFilter.  I may get to it tonight, but feel free to beat me
to it.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131