httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject temporary solution to "no acceptable variants" problem.
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 19:43:15 GMT
Unless someone objects in the next day or so, I am going to run the
following script on each directory of the docs and commit the resulting
.html.html files:

#! /bin/sh
for file in `ls *.en | sed s/.en//g`
    echo "<!--#include virtual=\"$file.en\" -->" > $file.html;

If other sites (eg want a different "fallback" file,
then they can change the script accordingly and run it on their

Once again, for those that haven't been watching, this is to help the
thousands of people who are every day accessing
without english in their Accept-Language header.  I believe that just
serving the english page is better than the ugly and confusing error
message presently being served.

Comments welcome.

View raw message