httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: What should the FAQ contain? (was Re: Proposal: Trash the 2.0 FAQ.)
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:33:37 GMT
The FAQ should include questions that are frequently asked.  Hence the
name.  If a frequently asked question can be or is described elsewhere in
the docs, then all that is needed is a reference to it from the FAQ.
Some of the FAQ questions already do that to a certain extent.

I don't think that being described elsewhere in the docs necessarily
disqualifies something from going in the FAQ.  Maybe it means the FAQ
needs to be better organized, but just having things in the docs and not
in the FAQ will not give anywhere to point people to go before doing
something silly like posting to a newsgroup or submittin ga bug report.