httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject What should be done for Japanese translation of man pages?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:26:40 GMT
A contributor of Apache HTTPD Japanese Documentation Project
translated some man pages into Japanese.  But I'm not sure
how to handle them.

I think the expected way is to add original man page and let
converter generate HTML files.  However, there are some
problems.

  Japanese manpages encoding is usually euc-jp.  I don't
  know Joshua's program can handle it (if it is 8bit clean,
  probably it is OK).  If program runs fine, then you have to
  convert it to iso-2022-jp.

  Where should I put translated man pages?  Create ja
  directory and put translations there?

  httpd-docs-1.3 does not have man directory.  I need to
  bother someone else to add those files.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi