httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: prototype FAQ
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:10:52 GMT
I am totally in favour of making the FAQ easier to use -- but
on multiple levels.  Ease of use needs to be attained for:

1. Finding the right Q/A.
2. Treating as a monolithic document (for printing, or mailing,
   or including in a tarball).
3. Referencing the right Q/A (when linking or mailing a link).
4. Updating.

I regard that as probably the correct order of importance, too:
users first.  #2 is easily handled by SSI, as is currently done.

I am still confused by your remarks about 'the state the 1.3
FAQ is in;' I may have missed some messages, but I find that
obscure.  What aspect of the State of the FAQ is bad?

Whatever.  Maybe the thing to do is to use XML with a transformation
engine.

Find some way to improve ease-of-use along those four axes (or
at least not DISimprove it on any of them ;-), and I think I am +1.
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!