httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Trash the 2.0 FAQ.
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:44:05 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> The gory details of specific modules should probably be broken out - so we end up
> with a mod_cgi FAQ, a mod_includes FAQ, logging FAQ etc.  I'd like to see the core
> FAQ simplified to what keeps users from ever starting their first (or next) Apache
> web server.

One problem you end up with (this is not a reason not to do it, just
something to avoid) is that you end up with the same documentation
multiple places, which means you have to maintain it multiple places,
make sure it is always in sync, etc. There's already the
documentation/tutorials duplication, and this adds, potentially, another
layer of that.

FTR, I think that this is a really good idea, they just need to get
reviewed on a regular basis to make sure that they are still in sync.

--
Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
Come see me at Apachecon! -- http://www.apachecon.com/