httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: prototype FAQ
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:27:21 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> 4. Changed the format of the Q&A to <h3>s rather than a big
> <ol>.  There is no longer any numbering in the FAQ.

-1.  I often refer people to specific questions by number.
Hard-code them into the <h3> if you like, but use an <ol>
for the index.  And continue to have a link for a single massive
all-inclusive page -- otherwise printing is a major PITA.

> I believe we should just give up on the idea of having a
> plain-text FAQ to post to usenet.  That created a bunch of
> complication and nobody every actually did it anyway.

-1.  Just because it has not been done does *not* mean we
should make it more difficult to do than it already is.
Besides, it is still on my to-do list.

> If there are questions that I have not transferred that people
> believe must be in the 2.0 FAQ right away, please let me know.
> In general, I believe it is best to actually wait and see what
> the "frequently asked questions" turn out to be.

I would actually consider nuking the entire first 'background'
section.  I do not recall ever actually being asked any of
the questions listed there, in email, in person, or in the
newsgroups.  (Well, except for the 'where do I get' one, which
has always been due to blindness when looking at the main site
or the download area.)
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!