httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: url mapping
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:01:29 GMT
Joshua Slive <slive@commerce.ubc.ca> wrote:

>- anybody thinks this is interesting;
>- what I am writing is at all intelligible;
>- this belongs in Apache;

Yes, it's good.

>- there are important topics I am missing;

mod_vhost_alias

>by taking the URL-Path for the request (the part of the URL following
>the first single slash) and adding it to the end of the
><code>DocumentRoot</code> specified in your configuration files.
>Therefore, the files and directories underneath the
><code>DocumentRoot</code> make up the basic document tree which will
>be visible from the web.  If the server receives requests for more
>than one host, then multiple <code>DocumentRoot</code>s can be
>specified using the techniques described in the <a
>href="vhosts/">Virtual Hosting</a> documentation.</p>

Hmm, I would say this is a bit misleading since DocumentRoot handling
happens after Alias handling etc. -- unless this is just a "little
lie" for beginners (in the manner of the Camel Book) :-)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
ROCKALL: SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6, INCREASING 7 OR GALE 8 IN NORTHWEST. MAINLY FAIR.