httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: prototype FAQ
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:33:01 GMT
From: "Joshua Slive" <slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 12:06 PM

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, David Reid wrote:
> >
> > If we can do all this then I'll be +1 :), but presently I'm -0.5 on the
> > sample you created.
> >

> I assume "you" refers to "me".
>
> It's good to have more voices in the discussion, but it would be nice to
> have a little more explanation.  You commented on Ken's goals, but didn't
> make any comments on the actual prototype, or how it fulfills these goals,
> other than to say you are "-0.5".  That's a judgement, but not a
> explanation. The goals themselves are fine (except for #2 which I still
> don't understand; nobody has given me actual concrete reasons why it is
> important... Ken?).
>
> In any case, it looks like people prefer to stick to the old FAQ.

No... I'd much prefer your organization into appropriate sub-lists.

Many people -won't- read a 124kb document - if it's more than a page or
two - they get overwhelmed, simply give up and ask the newsgroup.

Sad but true.

If we want to make two approaches into the doc - using Ken's basic SSI
schema, that would be great.  But as far as web page navigation - I'd
be much happier with a group of pages, with a "Printable" button that
takes the user to the "Big Document".

Bill