httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Question for your Apache FAQ]
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:48:22 GMT
From: "Rodent of Unusual Size" <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 4:19 PM

> Anyone want to add this to the docco?  I am swamped..

Where on earth would it belong?

This is an external module configuration issue, not Apache's.

Now I'd be all for creating some sort of brainshare - pages on php, frontpage, fastcgi,
and this could start the coldfusion section.

The problem?  These get horrible to maintain.

You get into an n^3 scenario of each of these authoring tools/3rd party module versions
times the number of apache versions and changes, times the number of tools/modules themselves.

This should be some offset of a bugs-like system, user driven, that folks can pound in
as many of these sorts of solutions as they can.  The only review?  Apache-folk adding
comments "Hey ... that works, but how about this easier ..."

I'm really afraid when we get into these details, we will drown.