httpd-docs mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: style sheets
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:35:56 GMT
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Adam Trickett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been lurking for a while to make sure I don't ask anything that has
> been discussed to death....
>
> I notice that the old 1.3 Apache docs don't use XHTML or style. I assume
> that by now no major changes are planned to the 1.3 series docs, other than
> major defect corrections.
>
> I was however wondering what the style sheet plans were for the new 2.0
> release? Even if we don't ship much more than the most basic of style
> sheets, it's does make it easy to integrate them into a local site, if you
> don't have to edit each page your self - even if you use a script....
>
> I won't go into the obvious and well documented advantages, and problems of
> style sheets, suffice to say I think they are probably the way forward.

I've been doing some work on XHTML-ifying the sites, but haven't committed
it yet. I haven't done anything to them style-sheet wise, apart from
converting to CSS-speak - if you're a CSS guru, I'm sure "factorising
out" the styles into a separate CSS file for each section would be very
useful?

James.