httpd-docs mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: U Waterloo Architecture Class on Apache (fwd)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:39:06 GMT
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, James Sutherland wrote:
> >
> > I've grabbed copies of all three, but don't have write access yet...
> >

> I don't believe that we can include them directly in the docs.
> The authors have (implicit) copyright on them.

Obviously we will need their permission before mirroring the pages. There
are a few other pages there on the same topic, as well as a bibliography
on Apache - assuming it's OK with the authors, I think I'll put the papers
and bibliography together into a section for inclusion on apache.org next
week??

> Perhaps we should just add a section to the "tutorials" page
> for developer tutorials.  Alternatively, in the 2.0 case,
> there is a separate developer page that we could link them from.

Are they intended as developer tutorials, though?? I'd have thought
putting them as a "developer resource" on dev.apache.org would be better?

> However, there really have been enough substantial changes in 2.0 over the
> past year that I'm not sure how much of these apply anymore.
>
> Regarding write access, you can send patches for the time being and
> someone will commit them for you.

Will do, once I have permission from the authors!

James.