httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject "programs" directory for man pages.
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:10:55 GMT
Well, swimming through the world of man page to html converters has been a
really disgusting exercise.  I finally settled on one written in "C"
that was sufficiently simple and functional for my taste.  I modified it
enough so that it does almost everything automatically.  The only
manual work is removing the page breaks, etc.

My proposal is to create a manual/programs/ directory to contain
the html version of the man pages.  A first draft is here:
http://garibaldi.commerce.ubc.ca:8080/ap13/htdocs/manual/programs/

My plan is the following (subject to any concerns and suggestions
expressed here):

1. Commit this.
2. Replace the details of the httpd command-line arguments in
invoking.html with a reference to programs/httpd.html.
3. Add references to various other pages pointing to the
man pages as appropriate.

Comments welcome!

Joshua.