httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@mail.reppep.com>
Subject configuration directories?
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 20:31:54 GMT
	Is this feature available in 2.0 too, or just 1.3.15? (I'm
trying to bring my 1.3 changes over to 2.0, and noticed that it's
mentioned in <httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/configuring.html> but not
2.0:

><P>New with Apache 1.3.13 is a feature where if any configuration
>file is actually a directory, Apache will enter that directory
>and parse any files (and subdirectories) found there as configuration
>files. One possible use for this would be to add VirtualHosts
>by creating small configuration files for each host, and placing
>them in such a configuration directory. Thus, you can add or
>remove VirtualHosts without editing any files at all, simply
>adding or deleting them. This makes automating such processes
>much easier.

						Chris Pepper

--
Chris Pepper     | Shooting Gallery Interactive | 212 905-2200
Mac OS X Software:   <http://www.mosxsw.com/>