httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@mail.reppep.com>
Subject Re: directive "syntax"
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:56:16 GMT
At 9:45 PM -0500 2000/12/04, Rich Bowen wrote:
>Joshua Slive wrote:

>  > <p>Samples:</p>
>>  Syntax: SampleDirective2 on|off|default<br>
>  > </blockquote>

>Note also that there is already a Default definition that appears with
>each directive, so it is not necessary to specify the default in the
>Syntax definition.

	I like having the Default also visible in the Syntax section,
and suggest that the default value always appear first. In other
words, if WhackyDirective defaults to on, Syntax would be:

Syntax: WhackyDirective on|off<br>

	If off is the default, that should go first. I'd like the
defaults bold too, but that might be too busy.

						Chris

--
Chris Pepper     | Shooting Gallery Interactive | 212 905-2200
Mac OS X Software:   <http://www.mosxsw.com/>